Tag Archives: Wildlife
Forest Bathing as a Post Quarantine De-Stressor
The new coronavirus outbreak has caused millions of people to stay inside their homes with fear for months. Several lockdowns have not only made us feel socially isolated, but they can also take a toll on our mental health. Hence, after...Read More ›
Why You Should Go for Herbal Medicine
Throughout centuries, people around the world have used herbal remedies. Different cultures, for example, have used herbs for therapeutic uses. There are all kinds of herbs with all kinds of uses. Many of these have been used for natural...Read More ›
A Beginner’s Guide to Adventure Hiking
Hiking is a highly enjoyable activity that allows you to immerse yourself in the great outdoors. In addition to exercise, In addition to exercise, it provides several physical and mental health benefits as well. From relieving arthritis pain to...Read More ›
COVID-19: Its Impact on Our Relationship with the Environment
The spread of the COVID-19 virus has had a huge effect on agro tourism and the world, with thousands sick, businesses and classes put on hold, people stuck at home, and several countries on lockdown. But, there is at least one silver lining amid...Read More ›
- Rainforest Wedding PackagesRainforest can provide the perfect vibe for nature loving couples who want to tie the knot with fun. Be surrounded by a huge amount of rainforest greenery in your unforgettable wedding ceremony.
- Concordia Nature Trail TourIf you wish to become one with nature, why not start with a nature trail tour? Walk through the natural trails of the Historic Concordia Estate, enabling you to marvel at the natural beauty around you. You may even meet cericos and green parrots along the way as you pass through Bamboo Cathedral. At the end of the tour, a waterfall and river beach with a plunge pool awaits you!
- Bird WatchingConcordia Bird Sanctuary is home to many species of birds, including the National birds of Trinidad and Tobago: Scarlet Ibis, Birds of Paradise, Cerico, and Hummingbirds. Tourists and locals have the opportunity to watch these birds fly by or do their own thing in their current home. Other species that are also present, include Pygmy Kingfishers, Great Egrets, Great Grey Herons, and more!
- People Wagon RideThe ride takes you to and off the beaten track along the meandering trail. The trail is full of variety with a magical landscape of breathtaking flora, fauna, rivers and mountains.
- ATV RidesOur ATVs are easy and safe to operate—even riders with zero experience can operate them with just a brief instruction. Riding gear such as goggles, gloves, and helmets are also provided to all riders to ensure their safety.
- Historic Cocoa HouseTobago was once a leading producer of cocoa in the world. Chocolates come from cocoa so don’t be surprised when you see a lot of very tall cocoa plantations on the estate. The Historic Cocoa House will give you an insight as to the history of cocoa production and how it became popular in this part of the world. The Concordia Estate is home to a number of Historical relics as it houses a mini-museum.
- WaterwheelDoes your interest lie on the machinery of the past? Observing the Concordia Estate Waterwheel will be the best activity for you. You get the chance to personally see how this historic machinery built almost 200 years ago with stones was built. A beautiful architecture remains.
- Butterfly GardenButterfly enthusiasts will surely not get enough of the sights they will experience quickly growing at Concordia Butterfly Collection. The Collection is located at the compound of the Water Wheel. With many specimens of butterflies in a recreated forest, tourists and locals alike can observe how these wonderful creatures co-exist with nature.
- Destination WeddingAre you tying the knot soon? Let the Caribbean Sea or garden breeze awaken the romantic in you. Exchange vows while being witnessed by dear loved ones along the Concordia River Beach – adjacent to the 200-year-old Water Wheel and in view of the Concordia Butterfly Garden. Be serenaded by the mumbling palm trees as you seal your ceremony with a kiss.
- Mini MuseumOur Mini Museum offers a full range of curated artifacts that are artfully arranged for appreciation and display. Our extensive selection of artifacts includes some of the rarest, oldest, and most interesting materials found in Trinidad and Tobago.
- Tourist ShopAre you looking for mementos of your visit to Concordia Estate? Our Tourist Shop offers an extensive selection of gifts and souvenirs that can remind you of your trip! You can also purchase gifts for your family and friends. We stock books, jewelry, keychains, shirts, and more.
- Concordia FloristsWhatever the occasion, you can expect beautiful floral solutions from our florists at Concordia Estate. With the rich flora and fauna found in Trinidad and Tobago, we can present you with beautiful flowers that are artistically arranged to cater to your unique style or type of event. We are here to turn your floral vision into a reality!